Cookies are small text strings (letters and / or numbers) that allow the web server to store on the client (browser) information to be reused during the same visit to the site (session cookies) or later, even after days (persistent cookies). Cookies are stored, according to user preferences from a single browser on the specific device being used (computer, tablet, smartphone).
Similar technologies, for example, web beacons, clear GIF and all forms of local storage introduced by HTML5, can be used to store information on user behavior and use of services.
In the following we will refer to cookies and similar technologies using the word "cookie".
Types of cookies
• Cookies are strictly necessary. These cookies are essential for the proper functioning of the site and are used to manage the login and access to reserved functions of the site.
• Cookie analysis and performance. Cookies are used to collect and analyze traffic and use the site anonymously. These cookies, even without identifying the user, allow, for example, to detect if the same user returns to connect at different times. They also allow you to monitor the system and improve its performance and usability. The deactivation of these cookies can be executed without any loss of functionality.
Third Parties Cookies
When you visit a website you may receive cookie from the same site ("owners"), and from websites managed by other organizations ("third parties"). An example is the presence of "social plugin" for Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn.
It is part of the page visited directly generated by these sites and integrated into site page host. The most common use of social plugin is aimed at sharing content on social network. The presence of these plugins involves the transmission of cookies to and from all sites operated by third parties. The management of the information collected by "third parties" shall be governed by the relevant information which please refer. To ensure greater transparency and convenience, are shown below the web addresses of different information and ways to manage cookies.
• Facebook information: https://www.facebook.com/help/cookies/
• Facebook (configuration): access your account. Section privacy.
• Twitter information: https://support.twitter.com/articles/20170514
• Twitter (configuration): https://twitter.com/settings/security
• Linkedin information: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/cookie-policy
• Linkedin (configuration): https://www.linkedin.com/settings/
• Google+ information: http://www.google.it/intl/it/policies/technologies/cookies/
• Google+ (configuration): http://www.google.it/intl/it/policies/technologies/managing/
The site also includes components transmitted by Google Analytics, a web traffic analysis service provided by Google, Inc. ("Google"). Again it comes to third-party cookies collected and managed anonymously to monitor and improve the performance of the host site (performance cookie)
Google Analytics uses "cookies" to collect and analyze anonymous information on the behavior of site usage (including your IP address). This information is collected by Google Analytics, which processes in order to prepare reports for the managers of the site about the activities on the website themselves. This site does not use (and do not allow third parties to use) the analysis tool of Google to track or collect personally identifiable information. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google or seek to link an IP address with the identity of a user. Google can also communicate this information to third parties unless required by law or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf.
For more information, please refer to this link: https://www.google.it/policies/privacy/partners/
You can selectively disable the action of installing Google Analytics on your browser component of the opt-out provided by Google. To disable the action of Google Analytics, please refer to this link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Duration of cookies
Some cookies (session cookies) remain active only until you close the browser or the execution of the command logout. Other cookies "survive" the closure of the browser and are also available in future visits.
These cookies are known as persistent and their duration is set by the server at the time of their creation. In some cases there is fixed a deadline, in other cases the duration is unlimited.
The user can decide whether to accept cookies using the settings on your browser.
Warning: Disabling all or part of the technical cookies can compromise the use of the functionality of the site reserved for registered users. On the contrary, the usability of public content is also possible to completely disabling cookies.
The setting can be defined specifically for different websites and web applications. Furthermore the best browsers allow you to define different settings for cookies "owners" and those of "third parties"
For example, in Firefox through the menu Tools-> Options -> Privacy, you can access to a control panel where you can specify whether or not to accept the different types of cookies and remove them.
• Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647
• Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/kb/Gestione%20dei%20cookie
• Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/it-it/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies
• Opera: http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.00/it/cookies.html
• Safari: https://support.apple.com/HT201265